‘Phenomenal’ £10,000 collected at Red Arrows event in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A ‘phenomenal’ £10,000 was collected at the Red Arrows event in Sidmouth.
The town council’s clerk Christopher Holland thanked all the collectors who turned out to the event at the authority’s latest meeting on Monday.
He said: “Although the weather wasn’t ideal, we were very lucky. We got really good crowds.
“The Red Arrows pulled out all the stops to give the town a fantastic display.
“The town was really buzzing.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really pleased to announce that we still managed to collect around the £10,000 mark, which is phenomenal.
“There is still money to come from various car parks so at this moment in time I still have number crunching to do.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
“But at the moment it is looking hopeful that we have the funding we need to see the return of the Red Arrows next year.”