‘Phenomenal’ £10,000 collected at Red Arrows event in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A ‘phenomenal’ £10,000 was collected at the Red Arrows event in Sidmouth.
The town council’s clerk Christopher Holland thanked all the collectors who turned out to the event at the authority’s latest meeting on Monday.
He said: “Although the weather wasn’t ideal, we were very lucky. We got really good crowds.
“The Red Arrows pulled out all the stops to give the town a fantastic display.
“The town was really buzzing.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really pleased to announce that we still managed to collect around the £10,000 mark, which is phenomenal.
“There is still money to come from various car parks so at this moment in time I still have number crunching to do.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
“But at the moment it is looking hopeful that we have the funding we need to see the return of the Red Arrows next year.”