Phone charger causes fire at Sidbury home

PUBLISHED: 09:00 13 November 2017 | UPDATED: 09:00 13 November 2017

Archant

Crews were called out on Friday afternoon after reports of a fire in Sidbury.

Firefighters were called to a property in Sidbury after a phone charger caught fire.

Crews from Sidmouth, Ottery and Honiton were sent to Fore Street, shortly before 3.45pm on Friday afternoon (November 10).

A fire service spokesman said upon arrival the fire was out.

He added: “It had involved a fire on the bed caused by an electrical fault on a phone charger.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald