Photos: Reader Kate captures lightning shot over Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Thunder bolts and lightning did not appear very frightening to brave photographers to capture these shots of last night’s storms.
As flashes of lightning lit up the night’s sky across East Devon, many storm watchers grabbed their cameras to capture dramatic images of the storms.
Among them was Kate French, who took these shots as thunder and lightning passed over Sidmouth.
Residents have also been sharing their photos on social media showing the storm as it hit the south west shortly after midnight, before carrying on into the early hours of this morning (Wednesday, July 19).
Newton Poppleford resident Martyn Parker snapped this ferocious fork of lightning looking towards Aylesbeare Common.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parker said: “It was an amazing sight, a lot of people hate thunder and lightning, but I think its a fantastic thing to see.”
Send us your lightning pictures and we’ll feature them in our gallery. Upload your lightning photos at www.iwitness24.co.uk.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year