Photos: Reader Kate captures lightning shot over Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Thunder bolts and lightning did not appear very frightening to brave photographers to capture these shots of last night’s storms.
As flashes of lightning lit up the night’s sky across East Devon, many storm watchers grabbed their cameras to capture dramatic images of the storms.
Among them was Kate French, who took these shots as thunder and lightning passed over Sidmouth.
Residents have also been sharing their photos on social media showing the storm as it hit the south west shortly after midnight, before carrying on into the early hours of this morning (Wednesday, July 19).
Newton Poppleford resident Martyn Parker snapped this ferocious fork of lightning looking towards Aylesbeare Common.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parker said: “It was an amazing sight, a lot of people hate thunder and lightning, but I think its a fantastic thing to see.”
Send us your lightning pictures and we’ll feature them in our gallery. Upload your lightning photos at www.iwitness24.co.uk.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead