Photos sought for Newton Pop scrapbook
- Credit: Archant
Newton Poppleford History Group is looking for photographs of village life.
Members would like to make a scrapbook about the village hall, school, church and the lives of residents over the centuries.
Terry Gregory, the group’s treasurer, has issued an appeal for any memorabilia commemorating the 60th anniversary of the hall, which was celebrated in 1905.
Mr Gregory said: “The history group is looking to make a scrapbook on the history of the village hall from the time it was a place of worship, its use as a school during war time, to its present time use.
“The village hall has been around a bit and used for many things.
You may also want to watch:
“During the war, all the evacuees came down and they would hold a classroom in each of the corners and one on the balcony.”
The group will recommence its monthly meetings in the village hall on Monday, February 1, at 2.30pm.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman