Christmas tree festival brings twinkle and festive fun to Ottery church
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s much loved tourist information centre manager has been remembered as part of this year’s Christmas tree festival.
Some 50 firs have been decorated by organisations, associations and businesses as part of the four-day event.
Coldharbour Farm dedicated its entry to TIC manager Phyllis Baxter who died in October.
Hundreds of visitors have already passed through the doors to see this year’s display, which has gone from strength to strength since it started eight years ago.
Organiser Carol Bennett, from the Friends of Ottery St Mary Parish Church, said: “The ideas that people come up with are absolutely brilliant. They come up with something different every year.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free and all donations appreciated.
The festival will remain open during late night shopping tonight (Friday). The event will run until Sunday afternoon. Doors are open between 11am and 5pm each day. Refreshments are not available on Sunday.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases