Pianist set for Sidmouth recital and other news
Russian pianist Polina Shifrina will give a recital in Sidmouth Parish Church next Friday. Read this and more.
MUSEUM FUN: Sidmouth Museum will stage a young people’s activity day on Wednesday, June 6, from 10.30am to 3.30pm.
Entry is free and youngsters between five and 10 can make flags and design star studded crowns among other activities.
The venue has also invited youngsters to compose, write and decorate a poem about the Queen as part of its Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The competition is for two age groups - under eights and eight to 12-year-olds. The deadline for entries to the museum is August 22.
You may also want to watch:
PIANIST TREAT: Russian pianist Polina Shifrina will give a recital in Sidmouth Parish Church next Friday, June 8, from noon.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
Her programme will include work from JS Bach, Chopin and Franz Schubert.
Tickets (�7) include a light lunch and are available from Paragon Books in High Street or on the door.
CRUSADE CHOIR: Denominations from across East Devon have united to sing at Sidmouth’s Primley Church on Saturday, June 16, at 7.30pm.
The free event will see around 35 voices from the Culm Valley Crusade Choir, with an age range of 20 to 80, perform.
Contact the Reverend Graham Tarn on 01395 515742 or Sandra Tyler on 01395 578352 for an admission ticket or more information.
PARENTING SESSIONS: An informal series of parenting sessions are set to begin at Sidmouth Primary School.
The course will start on Wednesday, June 13, from 10am to 11.45am and is aimed at parents or carers of junior school aged children.
For more information, or to book a place, contact Tracey Tipton, parent support advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org