Sidmouth cafe to take part in breastfeeding celebration
- Credit: Archant
Thousand of mums will get together to celebrate their own personal breastfeeding experiences as part of a national campaign.
Coffee#1 in Sidmouth is participating in the nationwide initiative, which takes place on Wednesday, May 1 between 10am and 11.30am.
The Big Breastfeeding Café is led by breastfeeding brand Medela and will connect thousands of mums across the UK as more than 200 events take place.
Now in its fourth year, the initiative brings parents together to share their stories.
Sioned Hilton, Medela UK’s education manager, said: “We are finding time and time again that, personal advice from mums who have breastfed themselves, is invaluable. We know that breastfeeding can be challenging but we also know that a problem shared, is often a problem halved.
You may also want to watch:
“Ensuring that all breastfeeding mums have a reassuring and supportive network is vital.”
For more information, visit www.medela.co.uk/breastfeeding/blog/breastfeeding-cafe.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd