PICTURES: Bugsy Malone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Youth Theatre’s latest performance
Splurge gun-toting gangsters, dancehall girls, Fat Sam’s speakeasy and the hero of the day – Bugsy Malone – have taken over Sidmouth College.
Sidmouth Youth Theatre’s production of the popular musical Bugsy Malone promises to transport the audience back to 1929 New York, when gangsters ruled the neighbourhoods.
The story unfolds with two rival gangs; Fat Sam’s – headed by a downtown hoodlum - and the slick Dandy Dan, who is determined to take over his enemy’s empire.
Enter Bugsy, a charmer, chancer and all-round decent guy – who Fat Sam employs to stop Dandy Dan taking over his businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Throw in some fantastic songs, comedy, foam pie action, some amazing one-liners, plus a love tug-of-war between Bugsy’s belle,
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop