Pictures: Car crashes into house near Ottery St Mary
- Credit: APEX
Road to Fluxton closed as vehicle remains embedded in building
A car was left embedded in the side of a house after it came off the road near Ottery St Mary this morning.
Police say a second vehicle subsequently crashed into the stationary car in Fluxton and the road between Ottery St Mary and Tipton St John remains closed.
PC Kevin Hill from Ottery’s neighbourhood police team said: “There were no injuries and no one was hurt - just shaken up.
“The vehicle is embedded in the house and there is a danger that if it is removed the building will collapse. They have got to wait for a structural engineer.”
You may also want to watch:
A fire crew from Sidmouth also attended the scene and requested assistance to ensure the building is safe.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book