PICTURES: Sidmouth Carnival goers turn out en masse for spectator displays
- Credit: Archant
Carnival goers enjoyed dazzling lights and spectacular displays.
The annual town event, which took place last weekend, included fantastic floats and a procession with the Sidmouth’s Carnival Queen Jessame Gigg and Grace Oxley as princess.
The carnival’s chairman Jo Hughes said: “We can’t thank the people that entreated for the floats competition enough.
“My marshals had quite a tough job - Ben and Richard Waring - they were fantastic, as were all the lads that helped.
“Teresa, at Woolbrook News, helped us out and looked after the judges in their café as well - they were lovely.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a shame about the weather which meant we didn’t raise as much as we wanted. But that hasn’t dampened our spirits and we will be back next year to raise money to keep the Sidmouth Carnival going.”
Jo said she also wanted to thank the carnival’s committee who worked hard, all year round, raising money to keep the event going.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98