PICTURES: Sidmouth Hot Cross Buns
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds gathered for the traditional Hot Cross Bun giveaway in Sidmouth on Good Friday
SCORES of families defied a chilly Easter-ly wind to enjoy a spot of hot cross bun fun In Sidmouth on Good Friday.
Organisers handed out 1,800 of the snacks, 900 Easter eggs and 900 oranges to children.
A familiar face was at the front of the queue with Jack Mesher first to get his hands on the goodies for the third consecutive year.
Jack, 14, woke up early and staked out the spot at 7.30am. He said: “It’s a great tradition.”
You may also want to watch:
Event secretary Tony Perram said this year’s event was ‘very successful
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
On behalf of the organising committee he thanked supporters for their help.
Town council chairman, Councillor Stuart Hughes, stated festivities with a few words of thanks to the organisers.
He reminded everyone of the balmy temperatures at last year’s event before handing out the first bag of treats.