Pictures: Tax avoidance protest staged in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners urge Tories to scrap loopholes for corporate fat cats
Protesters turned out in force yesterday (Monday) to put pressure on East Devon MP Hugo Swire to speak out against corporate tax avoidance and to save ‘horribly underfunded’ public services.
Devon county councillor Claire Wright led a demonstration of around 40-50 people outside Sidmouth Conservative Club.
Cllr Wright urged Mr Swire to act on the ‘modern scourge’ of tax avoidance by wealthy corporate giants.
She said she chose the club as the venue in order to grab Tory Mr Swire’s attention.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Conservative Club is not affiliated to any political party.
Read more in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view