Pink Day in Sidmouth raises �3,700 to date
More cash flows in as Sidmouth traders back town’s Pink Day for Cancer Research UK
PEOPLE and businesses in Sidmouth have so far raised �3,700 for cancer research after its Pink Day fundraiser.
Sharon Lupu, manager of Cancer Research UK shop, Fore Street, praised participants, telling the Sidmouth Herald: “I would like to thank everyone who took part. The town’s total will increase when sponsorship money from Sidmouth College’s Pink Walk is added.”
Top of the business fundraisers was Dukes, (�277), with the Anchor Inn raising �160 after running a Pink evening and prize draw. Taste of Sidmouth’s pink ice creams raised �138, while White and Son shoe shop gave �5 for each pair of shoes sold, raising �120.
Traders in Libra Court handed over �158, while Apollonia House dental surgery sold cakes, making �140. Fields’ employees each paid �2 to wear pink for the day, raising �120 and Vinnicombes bakery collected �100 selling pink cakes.
Other top collectors were Sidmouth Dance School, Total FX, Black Horse, White Horse, Trumps, Shiptons, Annies, Bath Travel, Sidmouth Print, Ford Simey, Upper Crust, Feathers, Beauty Within, Blinis and Hair Loft.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic