Pink Day in Sidmouth raises �3,700 to date
More cash flows in as Sidmouth traders back town’s Pink Day for Cancer Research UK
PEOPLE and businesses in Sidmouth have so far raised �3,700 for cancer research after its Pink Day fundraiser.
Sharon Lupu, manager of Cancer Research UK shop, Fore Street, praised participants, telling the Sidmouth Herald: “I would like to thank everyone who took part. The town’s total will increase when sponsorship money from Sidmouth College’s Pink Walk is added.”
Top of the business fundraisers was Dukes, (�277), with the Anchor Inn raising �160 after running a Pink evening and prize draw. Taste of Sidmouth’s pink ice creams raised �138, while White and Son shoe shop gave �5 for each pair of shoes sold, raising �120.
Traders in Libra Court handed over �158, while Apollonia House dental surgery sold cakes, making �140. Fields’ employees each paid �2 to wear pink for the day, raising �120 and Vinnicombes bakery collected �100 selling pink cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Other top collectors were Sidmouth Dance School, Total FX, Black Horse, White Horse, Trumps, Shiptons, Annies, Bath Travel, Sidmouth Print, Ford Simey, Upper Crust, Feathers, Beauty Within, Blinis and Hair Loft.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98