Pink plea for Sidmouth volunteers
VOLUNTEERS are being sought for when Sidmouth turns pink to raise cash for a breast cancer charity on Friday (October 28).
Organisers say 97 businesses have signed up to take part in colourful festivities a week today in aid of Cancer Research UK.
They still need help from people like Joy Terry and Josie Hunt, pictured during last year’s event, to carry out street collections for an hour or two between 9am and 6pm.
Sharon Lupu, manager of Sidmouth’s Cancer Research shop, said the response in her first year of organising the event has been “fantastic”.
“I’ve run out of collection pots and have had to have more sent up from Plymouth,” she said.
“Everybody is being really enthusiastic, it’s great.
“Anyone who still wants to join in, and needs things like balloons and banners, can still get in touch. We’re still looking for volunteers.”
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty
Contact Sharon at Cancer Resarch UK in Fore Street store on (01395) 577203.
l Are you taking part in next Friday’s fun. If so then why not tell us about it! Tell the Herald your plans by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.