Pink plea for Sidmouth volunteers
VOLUNTEERS are being sought for when Sidmouth turns pink to raise cash for a breast cancer charity on Friday (October 28).
Organisers say 97 businesses have signed up to take part in colourful festivities a week today in aid of Cancer Research UK.
They still need help from people like Joy Terry and Josie Hunt, pictured during last year’s event, to carry out street collections for an hour or two between 9am and 6pm.
Sharon Lupu, manager of Sidmouth’s Cancer Research shop, said the response in her first year of organising the event has been “fantastic”.
“I’ve run out of collection pots and have had to have more sent up from Plymouth,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody is being really enthusiastic, it’s great.
“Anyone who still wants to join in, and needs things like balloons and banners, can still get in touch. We’re still looking for volunteers.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Contact Sharon at Cancer Resarch UK in Fore Street store on (01395) 577203.
l Are you taking part in next Friday’s fun. If so then why not tell us about it! Tell the Herald your plans by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.