Pink Roses Night to boost funds for Sidford woman’s lifesaving treatment
- Credit: Archant
Evening of entertainment at Woodbury Golf and Country Club
A Pink Roses Evening is being held next month to help raise funds for a Sidford woman currently undergoing lifesaving treatment in America.
Sophie Hartwell, 24, developed anorexia nervosa and depression six years ago - and within five months went from a healthy weight to an emaciated state that left her gravely ill and hospitalised for two months.
A ‘substantial’ gift from a generous stranger enabled Sophie to fly to the USA in July to finally begin treatment after she was told nothing more could be done for her in the UK.
However, with additional costs of medication alone topping £2,500 a month, her family say more funds are badly needed to help Sophie on the road to recovery so she can ‘finally begin her life’.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped a special evening of entertainment and fine dining at Woodbury Golf and Country Club on Saturday, February 18, can raise enough money to pay for one family member to visit Sophie in Wisconsin.
Guests will be treated to a glass of fizz on arrival and entertainment from the LALA Occasion Choir, followed by a performance by rat pack and swing singer Tony James, a three-course dinner, and AB-Y Music will play into the night.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
Tickets cost £40 per person or tables of 10 are available for group bookings.
Contact Lynn Towers at email@example.com or call 077124 56754 to buy tickets.
Donate and read updates online via: www.gofundme.com/9zvev68s.