Pirates come to Sidmouth
TWO young seasoned performers will star in Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society s big autumn production of Gilbert and Sullivan s Pirates of Penzance. Grace McNeil and Sean Mulkerrin, pictured, will take to the stage in this hilarious musical, directed by
TWO young seasoned performers will star in Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society's big autumn production of Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance.
Grace McNeil and Sean Mulkerrin, pictured, will take to the stage in this hilarious musical, directed by Alec Fellowes-Bennett.
Grace is a polished singer and dancer and has performed with Exmouth Youth Group and Centre Stage, with which she is set to play Dorothy Brock in their October production of 42nd Street.
She is also not a stranger to the Manor stage along with her mum, Sue Bonnet, who regularly directs musicals for Devon groups.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Mulkerrin will play charismatic Frederic, the Pirate Apprentice, who falls in love with Mabel, played by Grace.
He has also starred in numerous shows with Centre Stage in Exmouth and has also appeared in The Full Monty at the Manor Pavilion.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
Selwyn Kussman, society chairman, said: "The two make a lovely pair as they fall in love instantly and bear the drama of pirates, policemen and of course the modern Major General!"
More than 30 singers and dancers are involved in the musical with Evelyn O'Malley is in charge of choreography and Roger Howell as musical director.
Pirates of Penzance will be staged at the Manor Pavilion from Monday, October 5 to Saturday, October 10. Phone (01395) 514413 for tickets.