Pirates come to Sidmouth
TWO young seasoned performers will star in Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society s big autumn production of Gilbert and Sullivan s Pirates of Penzance. Grace McNeil and Sean Mulkerrin, pictured, will take to the stage in this hilarious musical, directed by
TWO young seasoned performers will star in Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society's big autumn production of Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance.
Grace McNeil and Sean Mulkerrin, pictured, will take to the stage in this hilarious musical, directed by Alec Fellowes-Bennett.
Grace is a polished singer and dancer and has performed with Exmouth Youth Group and Centre Stage, with which she is set to play Dorothy Brock in their October production of 42nd Street.
She is also not a stranger to the Manor stage along with her mum, Sue Bonnet, who regularly directs musicals for Devon groups.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Mulkerrin will play charismatic Frederic, the Pirate Apprentice, who falls in love with Mabel, played by Grace.
He has also starred in numerous shows with Centre Stage in Exmouth and has also appeared in The Full Monty at the Manor Pavilion.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Selwyn Kussman, society chairman, said: "The two make a lovely pair as they fall in love instantly and bear the drama of pirates, policemen and of course the modern Major General!"
More than 30 singers and dancers are involved in the musical with Evelyn O'Malley is in charge of choreography and Roger Howell as musical director.
Pirates of Penzance will be staged at the Manor Pavilion from Monday, October 5 to Saturday, October 10. Phone (01395) 514413 for tickets.