Pixies invade Ottery for annual day of mischief
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of excitable pixies invaded Ottery’s town centre as the town hosted one of its most colourful and energetic events of the year.
Residents enjoyed a host of fun activities at Ottery's Pixie Day event, including Taekwondo demonstrations and ferret racing.
Later that evening, the Pixies' Revenge commenced, with the the town's youngsters recreating a 400 year old tale. The pixies hollered their way through the Ottery streets and captured the bell ringers and took them to their cave.
Richard Coley, organiser of Pixie Day, said: "We had a lovely Saturday and we were very lucky with the weather.
"We had a jolly good crowd in the afternoon, and the attractions - such as ferret racing - was quite attractive. When we cleared up after the event, we had enough people on hand to help, which is always a bonus!"
You may also want to watch:
To see more photos of Ottery's Pixie Day, visit www.sidmouthherald.co.uk
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat