Pixies invade Ottery for annual day of mischief
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of excitable pixies invaded Ottery’s town centre as the town hosted one of its most colourful and energetic events of the year.
Residents enjoyed a host of fun activities at Ottery's Pixie Day event, including Taekwondo demonstrations and ferret racing.
Later that evening, the Pixies' Revenge commenced, with the the town's youngsters recreating a 400 year old tale. The pixies hollered their way through the Ottery streets and captured the bell ringers and took them to their cave.
Richard Coley, organiser of Pixie Day, said: "We had a lovely Saturday and we were very lucky with the weather.
"We had a jolly good crowd in the afternoon, and the attractions - such as ferret racing - was quite attractive. When we cleared up after the event, we had enough people on hand to help, which is always a bonus!"
You may also want to watch:
To see more photos of Ottery's Pixie Day, visit www.sidmouthherald.co.uk
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open