Pixie Day booze warning from Ottery police
ADULTS who buy booze for under-age drinkers during tomorrow s Pixie Day celebrations face being hit with an �80 on the spot fine, police have warned.
ADULTS who buy booze for under-age drinkers during tomorrow's Pixie Day celebrations face being hit with an �80 on the spot fine, police have warned.
Ottery neighbourhood beat manager Phil Thomas said the issue of youngsters drinking alcohol at the event has diminished over recent years but told the Herald the town will be well policed tomorrow.
He said: "We will be looking out for any signs of under-age drinking. The parents of anyone we do come across will be called and told to pick them up.
"We will also be monitoring the possibility over 18s may be buying alcohol for those under age."
You may also want to watch:
"I would remind anyone who might take this chance we will give them an �80 fixed penalty notice. We can use CCTV to help prove the offence and also look at serial batch numbers on drinks to help us with evidence.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses