Pixie Day booze warning from Ottery police
ADULTS who buy booze for under-age drinkers during tomorrow s Pixie Day celebrations face being hit with an �80 on the spot fine, police have warned.
ADULTS who buy booze for under-age drinkers during tomorrow's Pixie Day celebrations face being hit with an �80 on the spot fine, police have warned.
Ottery neighbourhood beat manager Phil Thomas said the issue of youngsters drinking alcohol at the event has diminished over recent years but told the Herald the town will be well policed tomorrow.
He said: "We will be looking out for any signs of under-age drinking. The parents of anyone we do come across will be called and told to pick them up.
"We will also be monitoring the possibility over 18s may be buying alcohol for those under age."
You may also want to watch:
"I would remind anyone who might take this chance we will give them an �80 fixed penalty notice. We can use CCTV to help prove the offence and also look at serial batch numbers on drinks to help us with evidence.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity