Marvellous weather brings out the crowds for Ottery’s Pixie Day
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s pesky pixies were once again kept at bay as the town celebrated its legendary tradition at the weekend.
Crowds packed into Ottery on Saturday for Pixie Day, which once again saw youngsters scream, stamp and scamper through the streets to recreate the tale which has been around for nearly 400 years.
Before the main event, there was a family fun day in the Land of Canaan, with live demonstrations, stalls and a pet show with something to do for all ages. In the evening, there was music by Oakhart.
The weather was so good that organisers ran out of burgers before the evening’s entertainment – a first for the event.
Richard Coley, chairman of the Pixie Day committee, said: “The weather was marvellous and we had a big crowd in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very sorry we ran out of burgers as they sold out in the afternoon. It does show how well it went as we have never sold out during the afternoon.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future