Pixies return to cause mayhem at Ottery’s annual Pixie Day
- Credit: Archant
Take a look at Pixie Days from across the years ahead of tomorrow’s (Saturday) event.
Ottery is preparing to defend itself against pesky pixies tomorrow (Saturday) to mark Pixie Day.
The event will begin at 2.30pm in the Land of Canaan with a packed programme of events for all the family, including apet show, stalls, tae kwon-do display, bar and barbecue.
Eyes will turn to the Square at 6.30pm for the retelling of the Pixies’ Revenge.
This year, some 80 youngsters are set to dress up as mischievous pixies to re-enact the legend, ending with the unsuccessful ‘capture’ of the town’s bell ringers.
You may also want to watch:
The fete will resume at 7pm with live music from Service & Reception and Dixie Green.
Chairman Richard Coley is celebrating 40 years on involvement with the tradition, find out more here.
See our gallery of Pixie Day’s gone by and pick up next week’s Herald for pictures from this year’s event.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead