Webcam for Clock Tower gets go ahead
- Credit: Picture: Alex Walton Photography
Planners have given the go-ahead for a camera at the Clock Tower Café in Connaught Gardens but it’s to promote the town, not to protect the gardens from vandalism.
The small webcam will be used to stream pictures of the Jacob’s Well beach and sea views on the Visit Sidmouth website.
Sidmouth Town Council, which put in the application, wants to add the location to the current views of The Esplanade and Port Royal.
The webcams are popular with potential visitors to the town.
The new camera will be positioned on the south west corner of the tower roof of the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
It is not intended to be crime prevention CCTV to monitor the gardens where there have been instances of vandalism and rowdy behaviour.
The slate-faced building is Grade II-listed but the camera is small in scale and planners said it would have a ‘neutral impact on the overall aesthetic’ of the heritage site.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again