Plans for 18-home Sidmouth development revealed
RETIREMENT and ‘affordable’ homes have been proposed in 18-dwelling blueprints for an undeveloped piece of land on the northern edge of Sidmouth.
Blue Cedar Homes has submitted a planning application for a two-acre plot to the west of Combe Hayes.
The mooted development, also featuring associated access and landscaping, is made up of 11 open market, age restricted, retirement homes and seven affordable dwellings.
An intention to create a ‘distinctive’ development that will avoid ‘unacceptable’ impact on neighbours, is voiced by the developer in its plans.
The site lies within a predominantly residential area.
You may also want to watch:
A range of dwellings and types are proposed ‘to meet local needs’ – with one, two and three-bedroom houses, including bungalows, and flats.
There would be seven two and three bedroom open market retirement houses and four two and three bedroom retirement bungalows.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Two one-bedroom affordable flats and one two-bedroom ‘affordable’ flat are proposed.
A trio of two-bedroom affordable houses, and one three-bedroom affordable house, also feature in the application.
Three letters of objection and one of support had been lodges with the district council this week.
A bid to build 21 residential units at the site was given the go-ahead in 2010 but work never began.