Plans for 18-home Sidmouth development revealed
RETIREMENT and ‘affordable’ homes have been proposed in 18-dwelling blueprints for an undeveloped piece of land on the northern edge of Sidmouth.
Blue Cedar Homes has submitted a planning application for a two-acre plot to the west of Combe Hayes.
The mooted development, also featuring associated access and landscaping, is made up of 11 open market, age restricted, retirement homes and seven affordable dwellings.
An intention to create a ‘distinctive’ development that will avoid ‘unacceptable’ impact on neighbours, is voiced by the developer in its plans.
The site lies within a predominantly residential area.
A range of dwellings and types are proposed ‘to meet local needs’ – with one, two and three-bedroom houses, including bungalows, and flats.
There would be seven two and three bedroom open market retirement houses and four two and three bedroom retirement bungalows.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 3 Missing woman may be in Sidmouth
- 4 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 5 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 6 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
Two one-bedroom affordable flats and one two-bedroom ‘affordable’ flat are proposed.
A trio of two-bedroom affordable houses, and one three-bedroom affordable house, also feature in the application.
Three letters of objection and one of support had been lodges with the district council this week.
A bid to build 21 residential units at the site was given the go-ahead in 2010 but work never began.