Plans for electric car charging point at Sidmouth garage
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Electric car drivers will be able to refuel alongside diesel and petrol-powered road users if a planning application gets the green light.
InstaVolt hopes to install one of its rapid charging stations in one of the existing parking spaces at Sidmouth Self Serve in Woolbrook Road.
The company’s website says its rapid charge units can get drivers back on the road in 30 minutes. East Devon District Council will decide the fate of the application.
At the latest Sidmouth Town Council councillors requested more information when more charging points would be brought to the town.
Councillor Stuart Hughes said last time he enquired it had been indicated that East Devon District Council was looking at putting charging points in The Ham Car park and maybe the Manor Road car park.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The electric charging points were part and parcel with the district’s traffic management plan, but where they are going to be has yet to be decided.
“I do know we are also looking at having the plates on the road as well though.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman