Priory plan debate deferred
- Credit: Archant
Discussions around nine new apartments at a former care home have been postponed until information regarding its full application are submitted.
Ottery Town Council’s planning committee met on Monday to discuss the proposals for The Priory to create a range of two bed flats and a number of modifications to the rear section of the building.
A neighbouring resident raised her concerns in regard to car parking on the site.
She said: “The one that really got me was when they said there would be less traffic coming out of that area than there was when there was a nursing home there. To be honest that’s rubbish, it’s going to have, as I understand it, parking spaces for nine cars, there were never nine cars when it was a residential home.
“I think that bit was misleading and I think it is on a dangerous corner to have that much traffic going in and out because it is right on the corner.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee agreed to defer the application to the next meeting.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases