Plans to convert Sidmouth opticians into two-bed flat submitted
- Credit: Archant
Plans to replace a former Sidmouth optician’s with a two-bedroom flat have been submitted to the district council for consideration.
In June, the Herald reported Robert Frith Optometrists’ plans to sell the business to Bennett and Rogers Opticians - which took on the business’s roster of clients.
The owners of the property advertised the space but despite their best attempts they could not find a tenant.
An application has now been submitted to East Devon District Council to convert the shop in Vicarage Road.
The proposals seek permission to change the use of the property from commercial to residential and to change the shop front to provide the necessary domestic windows.
You may also want to watch:
The applicant wants to put in a very small infill to improve the kitchen area. There would be two parking spaces at the back of the building.
The final decision will be made by East Devon District Council.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again