Homes plan for Ottery’s Salston Manor hotel site are shelved
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build 19 new homes on the site of the former Salston Manor hotel site in Ottery have been shelved.
A full application was submitted for the Grade II listed building for the homes and extension works to create three extra flats.
The Herald reported earlier this year how the plans were criticised by Ottery Town Council for a lack of affordable housing included in the development.
At a planning committee meeting held in February, members agreed they did not have a problem with the conversion of the Grade II listed building, but stated their preference towards new homes being built instead.
The majority of the planning committee opted not to support the plans.
You may also want to watch:
Developer Salston Manor Developments Ltd has permission from a previous application to create 27 apartments and retains the right to build them if the new proposal is refused.
The new alterative application included parking, a swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles