Plans to extend Ottery pub approved
- Credit: Archant
Plans to extend an Ottery pub have been given the green light.
Proposals to build a flat-roof, single story extensions onto the existing restaurant and roof terrace at The Volunteer Inn, in Broad Street, were submitted to East Devon District Council in March 2019.
Officers approved the application with conditions last week to allow the venue to extend the restaurant space and build a disabled toilet.
The plans originally included proposals to extend the existing roof terrace onto the roof of the extension, creating a considerably larger outdoor drinking and dining area for customers.
After concerns were raised by neighbours and the town council this part of the application was removed and replaced with a walkway which will connect the existing terrace to the back beer garden.
You may also want to watch:
Visit sidmouthherald.co.uk for the latest news and goings on in your area.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched