Plans to extend Ottery pub approved
- Credit: Archant
Plans to extend an Ottery pub have been given the green light.
Proposals to build a flat-roof, single story extensions onto the existing restaurant and roof terrace at The Volunteer Inn, in Broad Street, were submitted to East Devon District Council in March 2019.
Officers approved the application with conditions last week to allow the venue to extend the restaurant space and build a disabled toilet.
The plans originally included proposals to extend the existing roof terrace onto the roof of the extension, creating a considerably larger outdoor drinking and dining area for customers.
After concerns were raised by neighbours and the town council this part of the application was removed and replaced with a walkway which will connect the existing terrace to the back beer garden.
You may also want to watch:
Visit sidmouthherald.co.uk for the latest news and goings on in your area.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view