Plastic toy in toaster causes fire in Newton Poppleford

Fire-engines2

- Credit: Archant

A small plastic toy wedged in a toaster caused a fire in Newton Poppleford today (Monday).

Crews from Sidmouth received reports of an electrical burning smell coming from a property in School Lane at about 1.30pm.

On arrival they discovered a toy which had become wedged in a toaster had caused a small fire.

Firefighters used positive pressure ventilation to make the property safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus