Plea for coastal pics
SIDMOUTH residents are being asked to share their records of coastal erosion.
The Dorset and East Devon Coastal Change Pathfinder Project team wants people to send photos and stories of events such as big storms that have led to erosion. These will be used to illustrate how the coast has changed in the past and give an idea of how it may change in the future.
In December, Dorset and Devon County Councils and their partners were awarded �376,500 from the Government’s Coastal Change Pathfinder Fund to explore how coastal communities can adapt to meet the challenges of coastal change. The project team works with the communities to help them prepare for the future.
Between now and the end of September, the team wants to hear from anyone who can contribute copies of photographs or written accounts of coastal erosion, flooding, storms and changing coastal defences in Sidmouth and Pennington Point; Swanage; Ringstead; Preston Beach Road and Bowleze Coveway, Weymouth; Seatown and Charmouth.
Project co-ordinator Rupert Lloyd said: “Perhaps you have a photo showing how one of these areas looked in the past, or showing a major storm or landslip? Maybe you can provide a written account of how the coast has changed? We would love to hear from you.”
You may also want to watch:
Send copyright-free submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or The Jurassic Coast Pathfinder Team, Environmental Directorate, Dorset County Council, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XJ. If you would like it returned include a postal address. For more information call (01305) 225515 or visit www.jurassiccoast.com/pathfinder.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League