Plea for Marie Curie volunteers in Sidmouth and Ottery
VOLUNTEERS are being sought in Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary to boost Marie Curie Cancer Care by looking after collection tins placed in shops.
Money generated by the collection tins will go towards providing care in Devon.
Marie Curie provides high quality nursing to cancer patients in their own homes.
The charity says that, by sparing a little time, someone will be doing something extremely worthwhile - while also gaining valuable experience in fundraising activities.
“This is a great opportunity to become part of something that will really make a difference to others,” said a spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
It will be the responsibility of the volunteer to visit the shops around every three to six months, ensuring that all tins are correctly labelled, sealed and secured as necessary.
Anyone interested can call Sarah Washington on (01884) 703535.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open