Plea for Sidmouth FolkWeek volunteers
FOLKWEEK leaders have issued a plea for volunteers before festivities get under way next Friday.
Vital help from a team of hundreds of members of the public, from all walks if life, is key to the smooth running of the event.
Festival organisers say this summer’s many cultural events, and the Olympics, mean more volunteers are needed.
They are particularly looking to supplement numbers in a team that carries out collections at outdoor events in and around the town.
A merchandise team, that sells festival gear, also needs new recruits.
For every five-hour shift carried out, volunteers get a free ticket of their choice for one of the many festival shows (space permitting) or a Day Ticket.
Contact John Dyson on 01395 512416 (collections), Jean Salt on 01395 516590 (festival shop) or volunteer coordinator, Sue Torres, at email@example.com.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 3 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 Property of the Week: Heaven's Gate, Ottery St Mary
- 7 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Sidmouth seniors avoid whitewash, Legg leads way on Friday
Anyone can drop into the volunteer office on the ground floor of Kennaway House during FolkWeek.