Plea for Sidmouth FolkWeek volunteers
FOLKWEEK leaders have issued a plea for volunteers before festivities get under way next Friday.
Vital help from a team of hundreds of members of the public, from all walks if life, is key to the smooth running of the event.
Festival organisers say this summer’s many cultural events, and the Olympics, mean more volunteers are needed.
They are particularly looking to supplement numbers in a team that carries out collections at outdoor events in and around the town.
A merchandise team, that sells festival gear, also needs new recruits.
You may also want to watch:
For every five-hour shift carried out, volunteers get a free ticket of their choice for one of the many festival shows (space permitting) or a Day Ticket.
Contact John Dyson on 01395 512416 (collections), Jean Salt on 01395 516590 (festival shop) or volunteer coordinator, Sue Torres, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Anyone can drop into the volunteer office on the ground floor of Kennaway House during FolkWeek.