Plea for Sidmouth FolkWeek volunteers
FOLKWEEK leaders have issued a plea for volunteers before festivities get under way next Friday.
Vital help from a team of hundreds of members of the public, from all walks if life, is key to the smooth running of the event.
Festival organisers say this summer’s many cultural events, and the Olympics, mean more volunteers are needed.
They are particularly looking to supplement numbers in a team that carries out collections at outdoor events in and around the town.
A merchandise team, that sells festival gear, also needs new recruits.
You may also want to watch:
For every five-hour shift carried out, volunteers get a free ticket of their choice for one of the many festival shows (space permitting) or a Day Ticket.
Contact John Dyson on 01395 512416 (collections), Jean Salt on 01395 516590 (festival shop) or volunteer coordinator, Sue Torres, at email@example.com.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Anyone can drop into the volunteer office on the ground floor of Kennaway House during FolkWeek.