Plea for young artists in Sidmouth
‘DOES Sidmouth have no young artists?’
That is the question ‘extremely disappointed’ organisers of a competition for under-18s have asked the town.
Winners of the contest will bag top prizes including the chance to spend a day in artist Alan Cotton’s studio, and have their work displayed at a ten day exhibition in Ottery St Mary.
“Despite contacts with schools and colleges, libraries and posters in many places, it appears that there are no young people in the area who paint or draw,” said Judith Stephens.
“Entries have been received from Seaton and Ottery but not a single one from the Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s hard to believe that we have no young people who would like to have a go.
“Artwork up to a size of 60 by 60 cm is eligible for entry, but you need to deliver it to Sidbury as soon as possible- but no later than the end of July.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Contact Judith on (01395) 597221 to enter your work.