Plea for young artists in Sidmouth
‘DOES Sidmouth have no young artists?’
That is the question ‘extremely disappointed’ organisers of a competition for under-18s have asked the town.
Winners of the contest will bag top prizes including the chance to spend a day in artist Alan Cotton’s studio, and have their work displayed at a ten day exhibition in Ottery St Mary.
“Despite contacts with schools and colleges, libraries and posters in many places, it appears that there are no young people in the area who paint or draw,” said Judith Stephens.
“Entries have been received from Seaton and Ottery but not a single one from the Sidmouth.
“It’s hard to believe that we have no young people who would like to have a go.
“Artwork up to a size of 60 by 60 cm is eligible for entry, but you need to deliver it to Sidbury as soon as possible- but no later than the end of July.”
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
Contact Judith on (01395) 597221 to enter your work.