Ploughman’s nets �100 for Sidmouth Lifeboat
LYMEBOURNE and Arcot Park Resident’s Association has boosted Sidmouth Lifeboat after raising �100 with a ploughman’s lunch.
A raffle was held in aid of the cause when around 35 people attended the at the October 13 event.
Lifeboat trustee Richard Thurlow last week received a cheque from residents’ association leaders Christine Ruffle and John Fowler.
Mr Fowler said “It was a great pleasure to be able to raise money for the lifeboat.”
Mr Thurlow added:”This was a great effort from a local organisation and we thank them immensely.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s only through contributions from the community that we are able to maintain and operate the locally funded lifeboat.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses