Ploughman’s nets �100 for Sidmouth Lifeboat
LYMEBOURNE and Arcot Park Resident’s Association has boosted Sidmouth Lifeboat after raising �100 with a ploughman’s lunch.
A raffle was held in aid of the cause when around 35 people attended the at the October 13 event.
Lifeboat trustee Richard Thurlow last week received a cheque from residents’ association leaders Christine Ruffle and John Fowler.
Mr Fowler said “It was a great pleasure to be able to raise money for the lifeboat.”
Mr Thurlow added:”This was a great effort from a local organisation and we thank them immensely.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s only through contributions from the community that we are able to maintain and operate the locally funded lifeboat.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98