PM enjoys delights of Branscombe beach
David Cameron chats with holidaymakers at Branscombe beach
THE Prime Minister, David Cameron, was spotted by holidaymakers enjoying a leisurely visit to Branscombe beach on Friday afternoon.
He was accompanied by Hugo Swire, the Conservative MP for East Devon.
Metropolitan Police officer Paul Webb, 46, was visiting Branscombe with his partner, Carol Barker, 40, when they noticed Mr Cameron at The Sea Shanty beach cafe.
“Paul went over and introduced himself,” said Ms Barker.
You may also want to watch:
“The Prime Minister was quite approachable for conversation.”
Ms Barker, from Essex, said Mr Cameron looked as though he was enjoying a break in relaxing surroundings.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
*Sign in if you want to have your say or vote.