PM enjoys delights of Branscombe beach
David Cameron chats with holidaymakers at Branscombe beach
THE Prime Minister, David Cameron, was spotted by holidaymakers enjoying a leisurely visit to Branscombe beach on Friday afternoon.
He was accompanied by Hugo Swire, the Conservative MP for East Devon.
Metropolitan Police officer Paul Webb, 46, was visiting Branscombe with his partner, Carol Barker, 40, when they noticed Mr Cameron at The Sea Shanty beach cafe.
“Paul went over and introduced himself,” said Ms Barker.
You may also want to watch:
“The Prime Minister was quite approachable for conversation.”
Ms Barker, from Essex, said Mr Cameron looked as though he was enjoying a break in relaxing surroundings.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
*Sign in if you want to have your say or vote.