PM enjoys delights of Branscombe beach
David Cameron chats with holidaymakers at Branscombe beach
THE Prime Minister, David Cameron, was spotted by holidaymakers enjoying a leisurely visit to Branscombe beach on Friday afternoon.
He was accompanied by Hugo Swire, the Conservative MP for East Devon.
Metropolitan Police officer Paul Webb, 46, was visiting Branscombe with his partner, Carol Barker, 40, when they noticed Mr Cameron at The Sea Shanty beach cafe.
“Paul went over and introduced himself,” said Ms Barker.
You may also want to watch:
“The Prime Minister was quite approachable for conversation.”
Ms Barker, from Essex, said Mr Cameron looked as though he was enjoying a break in relaxing surroundings.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
*Sign in if you want to have your say or vote.