Poetic tribute to Beer
ONE of Beer s younger visitors has expressed her love of the village through a poem.
ONE of Beer's younger visitors has expressed her love of the village through a poem.
India Howard, from Dorchester, sent her tribute of Beer to East Devon District Council.
In her covering letter she says: "I have written a poem about Beer, my favourite place in the whole wide world!
"I would enjoy hearing your comments and discuss publication as I have already had two of my many poems published."
You may also want to watch:
She signs off "India Howard (11) nearly 12".
Mike Green, district councillor and Beer parish councillor, showed the letter and poem to members of the parish council last week who praised India for her time and effort.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
The poem will be displayed in the Dolphin pub so a proud India can view it next time she pays a visit to the village.
Sun, sand and scallops,
Mackerel, Michael and mariners,
Cheery, Chapples and cakes,
Dolphins, Ducky's and Dormor,
Regatta, rejoice and Rattenbury,
Italian, Indian and ice cream,
Tents, treasure and treats,
Antiques, Anchor and ale,
Kestrel, Kenno's and kayaks,
Peco, pasties and primroses,
Woozie's, waves and wetsuits,
Osborne's, oysters and outside,
Lily may, Lily Brown and lovely,
Bayview, boats and Barrel O Beer.