Poetic tribute to Beer
ONE of Beer s younger visitors has expressed her love of the village through a poem.
ONE of Beer's younger visitors has expressed her love of the village through a poem.
India Howard, from Dorchester, sent her tribute of Beer to East Devon District Council.
In her covering letter she says: "I have written a poem about Beer, my favourite place in the whole wide world!
"I would enjoy hearing your comments and discuss publication as I have already had two of my many poems published."
You may also want to watch:
She signs off "India Howard (11) nearly 12".
Mike Green, district councillor and Beer parish councillor, showed the letter and poem to members of the parish council last week who praised India for her time and effort.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The poem will be displayed in the Dolphin pub so a proud India can view it next time she pays a visit to the village.
Sun, sand and scallops,
Mackerel, Michael and mariners,
Cheery, Chapples and cakes,
Dolphins, Ducky's and Dormor,
Regatta, rejoice and Rattenbury,
Italian, Indian and ice cream,
Tents, treasure and treats,
Antiques, Anchor and ale,
Kestrel, Kenno's and kayaks,
Peco, pasties and primroses,
Woozie's, waves and wetsuits,
Osborne's, oysters and outside,
Lily may, Lily Brown and lovely,
Bayview, boats and Barrel O Beer.