Poetic tribute to Beer
ONE of Beer s younger visitors has expressed her love of the village through a poem.
ONE of Beer's younger visitors has expressed her love of the village through a poem.
India Howard, from Dorchester, sent her tribute of Beer to East Devon District Council.
In her covering letter she says: "I have written a poem about Beer, my favourite place in the whole wide world!
"I would enjoy hearing your comments and discuss publication as I have already had two of my many poems published."
You may also want to watch:
She signs off "India Howard (11) nearly 12".
Mike Green, district councillor and Beer parish councillor, showed the letter and poem to members of the parish council last week who praised India for her time and effort.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
The poem will be displayed in the Dolphin pub so a proud India can view it next time she pays a visit to the village.
Sun, sand and scallops,
Mackerel, Michael and mariners,
Cheery, Chapples and cakes,
Dolphins, Ducky's and Dormor,
Regatta, rejoice and Rattenbury,
Italian, Indian and ice cream,
Tents, treasure and treats,
Antiques, Anchor and ale,
Kestrel, Kenno's and kayaks,
Peco, pasties and primroses,
Woozie's, waves and wetsuits,
Osborne's, oysters and outside,
Lily may, Lily Brown and lovely,
Bayview, boats and Barrel O Beer.