Poignant CAMRA recognition for Sidmouth Conservative Club
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Conservative Club is celebrating success after being bestowed with the ‘honour’ of coveted CAMRA accreditation.
Representatives from the Campaign for Real Ale called in recently to deliver the news.
Club steward Jackie Phillips said: “All the staff were very excited – it’s an honour. It is nice to think you have achieved that quality of beer. I hope people will see this and realise that our beers are good and come and see what we’ve got.”
And the landmark achievement also held special meaning for Jackie, who had worked towards this aim for more than two years alongside her late husband Eric, who died in January.
Jackie said he would have been proud that the club had finally achieved recognition for its special offering of ales.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so happy for Eric,” she added. “I call it his trophy, not mine really. We always worked as a team.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival