Poignant CAMRA recognition for Sidmouth Conservative Club
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Conservative Club is celebrating success after being bestowed with the ‘honour’ of coveted CAMRA accreditation.
Representatives from the Campaign for Real Ale called in recently to deliver the news.
Club steward Jackie Phillips said: “All the staff were very excited – it’s an honour. It is nice to think you have achieved that quality of beer. I hope people will see this and realise that our beers are good and come and see what we’ve got.”
And the landmark achievement also held special meaning for Jackie, who had worked towards this aim for more than two years alongside her late husband Eric, who died in January.
Jackie said he would have been proud that the club had finally achieved recognition for its special offering of ales.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so happy for Eric,” she added. “I call it his trophy, not mine really. We always worked as a team.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman