Police appeal after arson and collision
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are appealing for witnesses after a yellow Ford Escort was set on fire in Burscombe Lane, Sidbury.
The car is reported to have been involved in a collision with a Toyota 4x4 in Wiggaton, Ottery St Mary, at around 4.30pm on Friday afternoon [February 13].
It is believed that the car failed to stop and fled the scene.
A fire engine from Sidmouth attended the fire in Burscombe Lane at 5.43pm on the same evening to find the vehicle ablaze.
Police would like to speak to anyone with information relating to the whereabouts of the yellow Ford Escort following the crash and prior to its burnt out state.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, please firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting log number 524 for Friday February 13.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future