Police appeal after arson and collision
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are appealing for witnesses after a yellow Ford Escort was set on fire in Burscombe Lane, Sidbury.
The car is reported to have been involved in a collision with a Toyota 4x4 in Wiggaton, Ottery St Mary, at around 4.30pm on Friday afternoon [February 13].
It is believed that the car failed to stop and fled the scene.
A fire engine from Sidmouth attended the fire in Burscombe Lane at 5.43pm on the same evening to find the vehicle ablaze.
Police would like to speak to anyone with information relating to the whereabouts of the yellow Ford Escort following the crash and prior to its burnt out state.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, please email@example.com or call 101 quoting log number 524 for Friday February 13.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat