Appeal after cash stolen from teenager walking home
- Credit: Archant
Money was stolen out of a 16-year-old’s hand - prompting a witness appeal by Ottery police.
Officers are looking for information about the incident which occurred on Tuesday evening (June 4) at around 5.45pm.
The teenager was walking home from the chip shop along Paternoster Row towards Ridgeway when another male approached him and pulled a £10 note from his hand.
Ottery police described the offender as approximately six foot tall, of slim build, wearing a Black North Face hooded coat, black trousers and blue shoes/trainers.
PCSO Jonathan Sims, said: "At the time of the incident the offenders hood was up and pulled tight.
You may also want to watch:
"Although the amount of money was only £10 this was a very unpleasant experience for the young person."
Anyone with information is asked to email email@example.com or call 101 quoting crime reference CR/049450/19.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout