Police appeal after fatal collision outside Branscombe
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a driver died following a collision between two vehicles outside Branscombe on Friday evening (January 20).
The 77-year-old man from West Yorkshire was driving a blue Honda Jazz along the A3052.
His car was involved in a collision with a red Renault Clio near the old Three Horseshoes Inn at around 6.15pm.
The driver of the Clio, a man in his 50s from Devon, had to be extracted by fire crews from Sidmouth and Seaton using hydraulic cutting tools.
He suffered serious chest and leg injuries and was airlifted to Derriford Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police collision investigators attended the scene and carried out a forensic investigation.
The A3052 was closed for approximately three-and-a-half hours.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact police by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 101 and quoting log 628 of January 20, 2017.