Police appeal after Tar Barrels marshall injured
- Credit: Archant
A marshal at yesterday’s (Thursday) Tar Barrels suffered a fractured wrist after being dragged along by a car which had driven through a road closure.
Police say the female marshal was involved in an altercation with the driver of a dark coloured Audi A3 before the vehicle accelerated through the closure at Strawberry Lane, in Ottery St Mary, at around 5.28pm.
Officers said the Audi did not remain at the scene of the collision, but the driver, a 43-year-old local man, was subsequently located and will be interviewed in due course.
A force spokesperson said: “Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses to this incident, in particular the driver or occupants of a red mini or similar who may have had a previous altercation with the same marshals at the same location.
“An altercation allegedly occurred between the driver of the Audi vehicle and the marshal, resulting in the driver accelerating through the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
“On doing so the female marshal was dragged along by the vehicle for a few metres before falling into the road.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 or email@example.com quoting police reference 581 051115.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance