Police appeal after Tar Barrels marshall injured
- Credit: Archant
A marshal at yesterday’s (Thursday) Tar Barrels suffered a fractured wrist after being dragged along by a car which had driven through a road closure.
Police say the female marshal was involved in an altercation with the driver of a dark coloured Audi A3 before the vehicle accelerated through the closure at Strawberry Lane, in Ottery St Mary, at around 5.28pm.
Officers said the Audi did not remain at the scene of the collision, but the driver, a 43-year-old local man, was subsequently located and will be interviewed in due course.
A force spokesperson said: “Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses to this incident, in particular the driver or occupants of a red mini or similar who may have had a previous altercation with the same marshals at the same location.
“An altercation allegedly occurred between the driver of the Audi vehicle and the marshal, resulting in the driver accelerating through the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
“On doing so the female marshal was dragged along by the vehicle for a few metres before falling into the road.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 or email@example.com quoting police reference 581 051115.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride