Police appeal after Temple Street assault
- Credit: Archant
A middle-aged man was left needing hospital treatment after he was allegedly pushed into the road and struck his head on Saturday night (August 2).
Police are appealing for witnesses to an alleged assault, said to have happened just before 10pm in Temple Street, near its junction with Brewery Lane.
Police said the victim, in his 50s, was on his way home when he passed a number of people, one of whom had an umbrella.
A force spokesman said it is alleged he put his hand up to avoid the umbrella and another man followed him and pushed him into the road.
Police said the victim struck his head and was treated at the scene by an attending ambulance crew.
He has since attended hospital for further treatment.
Police are keen to hear from witnesss and in particular are looking to identify a local man named Simon who is believed to have seen the incident.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 6 'Like a moth to a flame...'
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote crime reference CR/094782/14, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report online at www.Crimestoppers-uk.org.
A 32-year-old man has been interviewed regarding the incident.