Police appeal after Temple Street assault
- Credit: Archant
A middle-aged man was left needing hospital treatment after he was allegedly pushed into the road and struck his head on Saturday night (August 2).
Police are appealing for witnesses to an alleged assault, said to have happened just before 10pm in Temple Street, near its junction with Brewery Lane.
Police said the victim, in his 50s, was on his way home when he passed a number of people, one of whom had an umbrella.
A force spokesman said it is alleged he put his hand up to avoid the umbrella and another man followed him and pushed him into the road.
Police said the victim struck his head and was treated at the scene by an attending ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
He has since attended hospital for further treatment.
Police are keen to hear from witnesss and in particular are looking to identify a local man named Simon who is believed to have seen the incident.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote crime reference CR/094782/14, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report online at www.Crimestoppers-uk.org.
A 32-year-old man has been interviewed regarding the incident.