Dog run over and killed in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A small dog has been run over and killed by a car in Sidmouth.
A small dog was run over and killed by a pick-up truck in Sidmouth.
Police said the driver of the vehicle fled the scene after hitting a Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russell cross breed of dog, despite passersby by shouting at him to stop.
PC Steve Lee, Sidmouth's neighbourhood beat manager, said the incident happened shortly before 6.40pm in Drake's Avenue on Sunday (August 18).
PC Lee said: "There should be witnesses as the owners of the dog recalls other people shouting at the driver of the pickup truck to stop, which he did not.
You may also want to watch:
"The owners of the dog are devastated by the death of their much loved family pet and any assistance to bring the offender to justice would be greatly appreciated.
"All calls to police will be treated in confidence."
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
He asked any witnesses to contact the police on 101 quoting log number 0845.