Dog run over and killed in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A small dog has been run over and killed by a car in Sidmouth.
A small dog was run over and killed by a pick-up truck in Sidmouth.
Police said the driver of the vehicle fled the scene after hitting a Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russell cross breed of dog, despite passersby by shouting at him to stop.
PC Steve Lee, Sidmouth's neighbourhood beat manager, said the incident happened shortly before 6.40pm in Drake's Avenue on Sunday (August 18).
PC Lee said: "There should be witnesses as the owners of the dog recalls other people shouting at the driver of the pickup truck to stop, which he did not.
You may also want to watch:
"The owners of the dog are devastated by the death of their much loved family pet and any assistance to bring the offender to justice would be greatly appreciated.
"All calls to police will be treated in confidence."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
He asked any witnesses to contact the police on 101 quoting log number 0845.