Police appeal for help to catch graffiti ‘tag’ culprits in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
One man has been questioned in connection with a recent bout of vandalism and officers are asking for more information or witnesses
Police are appealing for help in identifying the culprit behind a recent spate of graffiti in Ottery.
Tags were sprayed onto a transit van outside Spencer Court and a residential garden wall in Winters Lane on Saturday night (November 14).
In addition, seven or eight graffiti tags were found around the town’s factory site.
Sergeant Chris Leisk, of the Ottery neighbourhood policing team, said that officers had searched an address in connection with the incidents – where they confiscated cannabis and questioned a man.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Leisk is appealing to members of the public to come forward if they witnessed anything or can identify the person responsible for the tags.
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting drime reference: CR-079469-15.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again