Police appeal for Ottery St Mary tar barrel explosion victims to get in touch
THE police want to hear from anyone who may have suffered minor burns when a mindless yob threw an aerosol into a flaming tar barrel during Ottery St Mary s Bonfire Night celebrations.
THE police want to hear from anyone who may have suffered minor burns when a mindless yob threw an aerosol into a flaming tar barrel during Ottery St Mary's Bonfire Night celebrations.
Officers investigating the November 5 incident have revealed one man suffered serious facial burns and a second man had burns to his hand when the aerosol caused an explosion in the barrel.
Both men were treated at Frenchay Hospital, in Bristol, but have now been released.
A Devon and Cornwall police spokesperson said: "Officers believe other spectators may have also suffered minor burns and are keen for them to come forward and speak to the police.
You may also want to watch:
"It is thought some of those injured are not from the local area and travelled down from Avon and Somerset, and further afield.
"The area was obviously very busy with spectators throughout the night and police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
The police can be contacted on 08452 777444.