Police appeal for witnesses after arson in Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a bin was set on fire in Sidford in the early hours of this morning.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a bin was set alight at flats in Sidford.
The incident happened at 2am this morning (Wednesday, August 2) at flats along Lower Brook Meadow.
A police spokeswoman said residents called officers after a disturbing a male offender setting light to a communal bin.
She added: “The offender ran off; he is described as white, late teens of average build and wearing a striped long sleeved T-shirt.”
You may also want to watch:
A crew from Sidmouth Fire Station was called out at 2.13am to the road to find the fire was out on arrival.
A fire service spokesman said: “The fire was out on our arrival but was checked by the crew. The cause of the fire was deemed to be deliberate.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting CR/064203/17.