Police appeal over Sidmouth handbag theft
POLICE have reissued an appeal in their search for the culprit who stole cash and valuables from the handbag of an elderly Sidmouth shopper.
Officers want to speak to a woman caught on CCTV linked to an incident at the town’s High Street Co-Operative store earlier this month.
An 83-year-old resident left her bag on the back of a trolley while shopping and forgot to take it with her when she returned the trolley to a bay outside the shop at around 9.30am on Thursday, August 12.
CCTV captured a woman finding the bag and taking it into the store. Footage shows her waiting for a couple of minutes then leaves with the bag. The bag was later recovered with cash and items of value missing.
The suspect was accompanied by a well-dressed man of around the same age.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 08452 777 444, crime reference: KS/10/446, or CrimeStoppers in confidence on 0800 555111.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out