Police appeal over Sidmouth handbag theft
POLICE have reissued an appeal in their search for the culprit who stole cash and valuables from the handbag of an elderly Sidmouth shopper.
Officers want to speak to a woman caught on CCTV linked to an incident at the town’s High Street Co-Operative store earlier this month.
An 83-year-old resident left her bag on the back of a trolley while shopping and forgot to take it with her when she returned the trolley to a bay outside the shop at around 9.30am on Thursday, August 12.
CCTV captured a woman finding the bag and taking it into the store. Footage shows her waiting for a couple of minutes then leaves with the bag. The bag was later recovered with cash and items of value missing.
The suspect was accompanied by a well-dressed man of around the same age.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 08452 777 444, crime reference: KS/10/446, or CrimeStoppers in confidence on 0800 555111.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary