Police appeal over Sidmouth handbag theft
POLICE have reissued an appeal in their search for the culprit who stole cash and valuables from the handbag of an elderly Sidmouth shopper.
Officers want to speak to a woman caught on CCTV linked to an incident at the town’s High Street Co-Operative store earlier this month.
An 83-year-old resident left her bag on the back of a trolley while shopping and forgot to take it with her when she returned the trolley to a bay outside the shop at around 9.30am on Thursday, August 12.
CCTV captured a woman finding the bag and taking it into the store. Footage shows her waiting for a couple of minutes then leaves with the bag. The bag was later recovered with cash and items of value missing.
The suspect was accompanied by a well-dressed man of around the same age.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 08452 777 444, crime reference: KS/10/446, or CrimeStoppers in confidence on 0800 555111.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat