Police appeal to find convicted burglar
Police are searching for a 24-year-old man who is wanted in connection with an aggravated burglary offence.
Max Michael Wilson was sentenced to 14 years in prison, after an incident in which an elderly couple were attacked in their home in Honiton, at Exeter Crown Court last month.
But he was convicted in his absence after escaping custody whilst being held at Taunton Police Station in February, despite being restrained with rigid cuffs.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “He has married into a traveller family and his last known address is a caravan on Chubbards Cross, Ilton in Somerset.
“Avon and Somerset are actively searching for him but he may also have links in East Devon, and travels extensively throughout Devon and Cornwall.”
You may also want to watch:
He confirmed officers are following a number of lines of enquiry to discover his whereabouts, and said Wilson will be arrested once located.
The spokesman described him as being a white man, 5ft 11ins tall, with a slim muscular build, short dark brown hair and blue eyes.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
He said Wilson is considered to be dangerous, and police advise the public not to approach him, but to call 999 if they see him.
Anyone with any information as to his current whereabouts are asked to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference KH/11/22, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.