Police appeal to find convicted burglar
Police are searching for a 24-year-old man who is wanted in connection with an aggravated burglary offence.
Max Michael Wilson was sentenced to 14 years in prison, after an incident in which an elderly couple were attacked in their home in Honiton, at Exeter Crown Court last month.
But he was convicted in his absence after escaping custody whilst being held at Taunton Police Station in February, despite being restrained with rigid cuffs.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “He has married into a traveller family and his last known address is a caravan on Chubbards Cross, Ilton in Somerset.
“Avon and Somerset are actively searching for him but he may also have links in East Devon, and travels extensively throughout Devon and Cornwall.”
You may also want to watch:
He confirmed officers are following a number of lines of enquiry to discover his whereabouts, and said Wilson will be arrested once located.
The spokesman described him as being a white man, 5ft 11ins tall, with a slim muscular build, short dark brown hair and blue eyes.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
He said Wilson is considered to be dangerous, and police advise the public not to approach him, but to call 999 if they see him.
Anyone with any information as to his current whereabouts are asked to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference KH/11/22, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.