Police called out to reports of ‘aggressive’ caller
- Credit: Archant
An ‘aggressive’ doorstep salesman alarmed residents of Sidford and Newton Poppleford so much, they called the police.
Several people took to social media to warn others about the unwanted caller.
A police spokesman said: "Police were called by a number of residents in the Sidmouth area yesterday (Thursday, July 11) following reports of a man acting suspiciously while going door to door to sell goods.
"The man had visited various properties in Newton Poppleford and Sidmouth during the day, either selling goods or asking whether any work was needed in the homes or gardens.
"He was reportedly aggressive after the residents declined.
You may also want to watch:
"Police attended and carried out an extensive search of the area.
"A 19-year-old man was later located and spoken to by police. No criminal offences were identified but the man was given strong words of advice about his behaviour."
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal