Police called out to reports of ‘aggressive’ caller
- Credit: Archant
An ‘aggressive’ doorstep salesman alarmed residents of Sidford and Newton Poppleford so much, they called the police.
Several people took to social media to warn others about the unwanted caller.
A police spokesman said: "Police were called by a number of residents in the Sidmouth area yesterday (Thursday, July 11) following reports of a man acting suspiciously while going door to door to sell goods.
"The man had visited various properties in Newton Poppleford and Sidmouth during the day, either selling goods or asking whether any work was needed in the homes or gardens.
"He was reportedly aggressive after the residents declined.
You may also want to watch:
"Police attended and carried out an extensive search of the area.
"A 19-year-old man was later located and spoken to by police. No criminal offences were identified but the man was given strong words of advice about his behaviour."
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98