Police called to suspected arson attack in Salcombe Regis and other news
Police were called to reports of arson at an isolated shelter at a horse stud in Salcombe Regis. Read this and more.
ARSON ALERT: Police were called to reports of arson at an isolated shelter at a horse stud in Salcombe Regis on May 11. The outhouse was over 600 metres from the main stables and no animals or people were hurt.
ASSAULT CHARGE: An individual was charged with assault at a private residence in Woolbrook in the early hours of Sunday, June 3.
You may also want to watch:
DRUG ARRESTS: Two men were arrested in Sidmouth on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply on Thursday, June 7.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
PAIR FINED: Two men were arrested in Dove Lane in the town centre for being drunk and disorderly during the early hours of Sunday, June 10. They were given fixed penalty notices.
FUN RUN: An application has been made by Sidmouth Primary School to hold a fun run in the Byes on Saturday, June 24, at 2.30pm.
YOUTH WALK: A “community youth” walk and barbecue will be held on Saturday, July 28, starting from the area next to Emmanuel Church in Manstone Lane, subject to approval by East Devon District Council.
FLOWER SHOW: Sid Vale Horticultural Society hopes to hold its annual show at Sidford Recreation Ground on Saturday, August 11.
MUSICAL BID: An application has been received by East Devon District Council for renditions of West End musicals to be performed in Connaught Gardens on Sunday, August 12, by a group known as Centre Stage.
BIKE RIDE: A charity cycle ride sponsored by sports suppliers Wiggle will pass through Sidmouth on Sunday, July 8.
GRANTS THANKS: Sid Vale Memory Cafe and the Devon Army Cadet Force have thanked Sidmouth Town Council for the grants they received this year.
HQ OPENING: Sidmouth Air Training Corps’ new headquarters at Stowford will be officially opened by the Lord Lieutenant of Devon on Tuesday, June 19, at 7pm.