Police helicopter search for ‘man with knives’
- Credit: Archant
Knives recovered by police
POLICE launched a helicopter manhunt in Sidmouth yesterday (Thursday) after receiving reports of an incident in which a man was allegedly armed with knives.
It was reported that officers had recovered ‘a few’ knives.
A constabulary spokesman said a man was later located on the A3052 but would not comment further.
The force chopper was scrambled and hovered above parts of the town and Sidford.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman said: “The helicopter was searching for someone in relation to an earlier incident where there was a report of a man with knives.
“A few [knives] have been recovered.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park